1.26.2008

Getting Ready for Egypt

So the administration told us that the students basically have a 99% chance of getting really sick while in Egypt. We can't drink any of the tap water there and we can't touch any uncooked food like fruit. Since I am getting over being sick and don't want to get worse, I decided to take the food matters into my own hands. I bought two boxes of granola bars which will hopefully last me the week. Also, tonight at dinner, I made a few extra peanut butter and jelly pita's and smuggled them out of the cafeteria. I'm thinking those will last me at least  day or so, unless I get really hungry on the 6 hour bus tomorrow. 

Our interary for Egypt: 

Sunday: 
Leave Jerusalem and spend the day at sites on the way to a Kibbutz in southern Israel
Monday: 
Cross the Taba Border, bus ride to Cairo is approximately 6 hours 
Tuesday:
Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Saqqara, Memphis, Papyrus Factory, Evening flight to Luxor
Wednesday: 
Karnak Temple, Luxor Temple, Felucca (boat) ride on the Nile
Thursday:
Valley of the Kings, King Tut's Tomb, Hatchepsut's Temple, Temple of Ramses III, overnight train
Friday:
Egyptian Museum, Hard Rock Cafe 
Saturday: 
Muhammad Ali Mosque, St. Catherine's Monastery, travel to Mt. Sinai
Sunday:
Wake up at 2:30 am, hike Mt. Sinai for the sunrise, cross the border and return to Jerusalem

It should be a really busy week and we don't have internet or anything, so it will be a week before I can post any updates! I hope everyone's doing well, keep me informed on what's going on!! 

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS