3.29.2013

a very good friday

A good friend of mine recently told me that I need to blog more about all of the random things I know. I read a lot of current events online, which means I know enough about subjects to make it look like I know a lot more. But today is Good Friday, a much needed break from work, and the start of a three day weekend. So in honor of all of those good things, here are a few random things I've been thinking about lately...

1. Sisters are the best. I am lucky enough to have the two best ones on the planet. I think growing up and being subjected to my parents intense love for Wilson Phillips and Peter Cetera really bonded us together for life. If we can get through that, we can get through anything. 
Christmas 2011

2. Amanda Knox. I can't believe she's going on trial again. She and I are basically the same age and we went abroad a semester apart, so I've always thought a lot about her situation. What if I just never came home from India and was stuck in a prison there for FOUR YEARS. The thought is mind boggling. Granted, I never put myself in a really sketchy situation like she did, nor could I ever live up to a nickname like Foxy Knoxy, but can we all just admit her book coming out in a few months is going to be crazy? I'm pretty sure I'll support it and actually pay for it. 

3. Audiobooks. Speaking of books, audiobooks have been blowing my mind lately. One day I realized I spend so much time in my car, I might as well listen to something interesting. Now I drive realllllly slowly to work and when I get stuff in traffic, I'm ok with it. This one has been my favorite listen so far.

4. Jerusalem. My trip has been consuming my thoughts. I keep asking people who studied abroad with me what they would do if they had 24 hours to go back. Besides all the normal sites, I'm already dreaming about the hummus and chocolate milk. I'm so worried I'm going to forget to go see something and then be forever disappointed. Suggestions are welcomed! 

And last but not least...

5. Tax season. Is it April 15th yet? Mike has been working so hard and he seriously never complains, even when he's in the office almost double the amount I am. I'm looking forward to spending some real, non work email interrupted time together!
(Post kayaking in the fall)

PS-This is my jam right now.

1 comment:

kim huish said...

Oh Amanda Knox. Her whole situation is mind boggling to me. We spent a tiny bit of time in Perugia and I just felt weird because she was still there in prison at the time. Such a crazy thing!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS