8.24.2011

Shakin

East Coasters and natural disasters are not the best mix.
[Thankfully I will be missing the hurricane this weekend!]
As everyone knows, there was an earthquake yesterday, and DC freaked out.
The only way to get people to evacuate my building was to turn on the fire alarm, so people were running around thinking there was an earthquake AND a fire.
I'm sure you can just envision how dramatic that was.


As for me, I just got my stuff and headed towards the metro, which was thankfully still running.
I had to shove my way through the thousands of people standing around, but I was determined to get out of there fast. I was on the first train out of the district and had zero problems, making it home in almost record time. Since we're having perfect weather right now, I loved having the afternoon off!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS