12.03.2010

Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

THE PARADE


I love the Macy's Day Parade. I watch it every single year and often make my family endure the Disney channel celebrities that lip sync on each float. So, here is my guide to doing the parade right.
1. Get up as early as possible to get a good seat. I was blessed with Katie waking me up at 4:30 am with Christmas music to get me in the mood. We made it out of the house and uptown before 6, and had Starbucks and front row seats by 6:30.

2. Bring things to do. Katie brought her book of mind puzzles which she used until she dropped her pencil down the grate. Fail.


3. Hold your ground as an obnoxious family from Jersey tries to creep on your spots. We meant business, and they eventually relented to the pressure.

4. Take pictures of EVERY float and balloon passing by. This is also good for annoying aforementioned Jersey family as we move positions to get the perfect shot.


5. Make eye contact with super celebrities such as Kanye and Jessica. (though we didn't get pictures of the eye contact moment)


6. Stay until the end, because Santa is what it's all about.
7. Celebrate the successful morning with a festive beverage.

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

SO COOL you got to see this parade!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS