11.04.2010

I left my heart in India

Last night I had the chance to get together with Dr. George and his son Ajit. They were giving a presentation at Johns Hopkins School of International Studies. Dr. George is the man who started the school I've volunteered at in India twice now and as he started talking about the kids and the school, I literally felt like my heart was breaking. How is it possible to feel like home is so many different places?

The school just produced this video about the girls of Shanti Bhavan and I love it so much. The girls are amazing, and even though they come from the worst possible situations, they don't let it bother them or define who they will become. PLEASE watch it.


2 comments:

Molly B said...

loved the video!
understand the heartache, completely.

Musing Elitist said...

wow. i'm convinced i want to work there this summer. thank you for the link.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS